In Mount Washington (where I'm staying in America) , it's currently 07:56 in the morning. I've been up since about 06:45, utterly bored. Everyone else, understandably, is asleep, and I've been doing pretty much what you do when you have absolutely nothing to do.
I dunno...I just suddenly woke up...and I've been needing the loo for hours now, and I don't want to wake up my parents, who are soundly asleep conveniently in the room where the bathroom is. I'm so nice!
It's so hot in my room, we've switched the air con off cos it makes this really high-pitched squeaky noise as if suddenly a group of startled field mice have invaded.
So what do you do when you're bored? Well, this is just kinda stupid what I'm about to do now, but this is gonna be my Top 5 Things to do When You're Bored:
- Make a random 3D letter maze (it's really fun actually!)
- Stare out the window into nothingness
- Squeeze a cushion
- Do a series of weird gymnastics moves on the bed
Right, so I'm doing the first one (i.e. random blogging that no one particularly wants to read). All traces of pen and paper have vanished (tragedy - no 3D random letter mazes...), I'm not gonna attempt to open the window for several reasons:
- Last time I attempted to open a window in a hotel, it practically broke...it was really embarrassing, the blind just wouldn't go up so we had to call this engineering guy in.
- It's so cold on the mountain - there's heaps of snow lying around, and we're only in the base camp bit, and it's April.
- The window is really stiff, and it makes this loud droning noise when you open it, so good-little-girl-who-is-nice-to-her-parents-and-won't-disturb-them-cos-she's-bursting-for-the-loo HG will be no more.
I've already squeezed all the cushions there are in my room...it gets slightly boring squeezing the same one for the third time, and there are some really nice plump ones, (guess where of all places), in my parents room! GRRRRR....I'm trying not to get annoyed.
The bed is far too small to do somersaults and rolls etc. on, so I tried a headstand (seriously bad idea). I mean, I'm a pro at headstands against the wall, but I didn't notice the massive photograph hanging on the wall...cringe walk! At least it made only a very small sound and there wasn't any harm done to the painting...
So my list of the Top 5 Things to When You're Bored has kinda failed, and I'm on super overheat mode, and it's freezing outside!
I tried going on those random/irritating/virus-prone websites (e.g. iambored.com), but they really don't help. They make you play games like kill celebrities and you have to work out how a vampire slayer's gonna manage to kill Justin Bieber, which in someways is pretty entertaining, but it makes me feel sick.
I am starving hungry as well...so even if I was sick (which I'm not going to be), I wouldn't have much to throw up :D.
Why does the digital clock have to be bright orange?!! It's so annoying...we're not blind here, we can see the digits! Anyway, I'm gonna try and cool myself down now...